These light bites are quick and easy, perfect for any occasion! …
We hosted another wonderful wedding last Saturday for Emma and Aaron. Congratulations to the both of you! We wish you a life of love and happiness together! It was a lovely set-up. Here are some of the pictures we got of the day:
Before the guests got started, we had some canopés for people to enjoy. They are the perfect party food. Full of taste and light enough to not spoil your meal (depending on how many you eat of course!). I wanted to share our recipes for three different canopés we had on offer.
The amounts vary depending on how many guests you have.
To make the croutè, we cut some discs out of white and brown slices of bread with a round cake cutter and toasted until crisp. The cheese croutès had a pinch of grated cheddar on top before toasting.
Smoked Salmon Roulade Stuffed with Spring Onion and Cream Cheese
- White bread croutès
- Cream Cheese
- Spring Onions
- Smoked Salmon Slices
- Finely chop the spring onions and mix with the cream cheese
- Lay out a slice of smoked salmon and with a piping bag, pipe the cream cheese mix along one side of the salmon.
- Gently roll the salmon around the cream cheese mix.
- Slice the roll into roughly 1cm discs.
- Place on top of your Croutès and top with a small segment of lemon.
Duck Liver Patè
- Duck Livers
- Salt and Pepper
- Brown Bread Croutès
- Red Amaranth
- Chop the onion and slowly cook in a pan with the duck livers, onion, butter, brandy, salt and pepper until the liver is soft.
- Blend the mixture together until it makes a smooth paste.
- Allow it to cool
- Using a piping bag and a star shaped nozzle, pipe the patè onto the brown bread croutès.
- Garnish with a small segment of cucumber and red amaranth.
Pesto Cream Cheese Topped with a Half Olive Stuffed with Red Pepper
- Cream Cheese
- Green Olives
- Red Pepper
- Cheese Croutès
- Fresh Coriander
- Mix the cream cheese and the pesto together.
- Using a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle, pipe the mixture onto the toasted cheese croutès.
- Chop the red pepper into small pieces and slice the olives diagonally in half. Place the red pepper inside the olive half.
- Top the cream cheese and pesto mix with the olive and garnish with a sprig of coriander.