Try these two great treat recipes as a gift idea to your loved ones courtesy of Country Hill Cottage and Meadow Brown Bakery. They even come with a printable gift box! …
Recently, I have very much enjoyed reading and sharing Country Hill Cottage’s (@CHCottage) tweets. They share beautifully creative recipes along with tips and tricks to become better at cooking, baking, cake decorating, flower arranging, crafting and more. I recently caught wind of their summer collaboration with Meadow Brown Bakery (@meadowbrownbake) for a Raspberry Rose inspired theme. The product of which were these two recipes I wanted to share with you. They make a great gift idea and they come with their very own free printable gift box! The link to which can be found here: http://chcotta.ge/bl0148
Strawberry Rose Meltaways
“Just as the name suggests, our strawberry rose meltaways have a delicate, melt-in-your mouth texture. These biscuits are made with dried rose petals, and filled with an airy strawberry and rosewater buttercream making them irresistible and full of flavour!”
For the biscuits
230 g (1 cup / 2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tsp rose water
125 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour plus some extra
110 g (1 cup) cornflour (cornstarch)
60 g (1/2 cup) powdered (icing/confectioner’s) sugar
For the buttercream
10 g freezed-dried strawberries
80 g unsalted butter, softened
120 g powdered sugar
1 – 2 tbsp rose water
For the decoration
60 g (2 oz) milk chocolate, melted
dried rose petals
kitchen scale or measuring cups and spoons
blender or food processor
handheld mixer with whisk attachments
large mixing bowls
large metal spoon
clingfilm (plastic/saran wrap)
round cookie cutter (4 cm/ 1.5 in)
silicone or non-stick baking mat
baking tray (sheet)
Rosewater Meringue Kisses
“This is a collaboration video with the lovely ladies at Country Hill Cottage for their raspberry rose inspired theme.
I will show you how to bake these pretty beautiful rosewater flavoured meringue cookies called meringue kisses. I sandwiched the Rosewater flavoured meringue kisses with rosewater flavoured Swiss meringue buttercream.”
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons rosewater
- pinch of salt
- culinary rose petals (optional)
- rose pink food colouring (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 95 Celsius and prepare 3 baking trays with baking paper and put them to one side
Add you egg whites in a large bowl and start whisking them with a a hand whisk or electric whisk until soft peaks start to appear
- Then add your sugar a tablespoon at a time and whisk well until sugar is well mixed and the meringue is nice and glossy
- Finally add in your rosewater and salt and whisk
- If you are using rose petals you can fold them in or reserve them to sprinkle on top of the meringues when piped.
- Get a piping bag fitted with a small star nozzle and use a paint brush to paint inside and then spoon your meringue mixture inside.
- Start piping your meringues onto the prepared baking trays and then you will notice they have two colours. You can sprinkle some rose petals on top too if you wish.
- Put them in the oven and bake for 1hour 30 minutes and then turn of the oven and leave them in there to cool completely.
- When they are cooled, remove them from the oven and remove them from the baking paper and sandwich them with this Swiss meringue buttercream or leave them like that.
- Only sandwich them when you want to eat them because they will go soft and chewy but they can stay hard for a few days without being sandwiched.
- Serve sprinkled with rose petals (optional)
I highly recommend following both Country Hill Cottage and Meadow Brown Bakery on Twitter. They share great content every day and some stunning recipes. Let us know if you do have a go at either of these fantastic recipes!